Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4

Hay! Guess what! I'm gona keep the blog even though class is out! :D So whats happened since the middle of May you ask? Well....


2 weeks ago my bad knee gave out at work completely and now I'm on pain killers (that aren't working all that well anymore), anti inflamitories, and walking/limping with a cane. :D

3 days ago I ate at Subway and contracted food poisoning. :D





But thats not what your here for is it?

!Art Updates!


I've started a new personal project I'm calling the "WoW Event Project" where I'm illustrating each WoW event as it comes. 1st one is "Childrens Week" and can be found at my professional deviant art page.
Childrens Week is an event centered around players helping orphans in game with various tasks (meeting there heroes, seeing far off places, ect). There are 3 orphans you help and at the end of the quest chains players can choose between 2 and 3 pets (3 for the first 2 parts of the game and 2 for the latest expansion).

Childrens Week

Next up is the Midsummer Fire Festival. Durring the MFF, players honor the bone fires of there own factions while desecrating those of the opposing faction. There are fireworks, may poll dancing, torch throwing and other activities. It ends on July 4th with a massive fireworks display in the main cities of each faction. I'm thinking about an image depicting an in game friend tied to one of the dancing polls. :3



On a professional note, I've started work with a friend of my dads who is starting his own business and wants me to do all the graphics work for him. Everything from Logo to packaging to webdesign.


And on a semi professional note (meaning I'm getting taken advantage of right now but I'll probably get into the con for free) I'm helping a friend develop some of the graphic and mascot work for the anime convention shes working to get started up in Lebonon. As one of the most haunted cities in the US we thought about making the mascot a Japanese ghost/demon. I've got a few concept sketches done and they'll be up in a few days on DA.

No comments:

Post a Comment